Techiterian – Daily Tech News
We have launched our Tech News app of Techiterian for android on Playstore
Some people asks as to why one would choose using his cellphone as a web cam?
There are a lot of reasons to why to use Smartphone as webcam:
- Turning an old Android phone into a webcam-many people are nowadays trading their old smartphones for new. The huge question is usually, what to do with the old smartphones? If Old mobile phone have no front side cam you can use rear digital camera for video calling instead of purchasing one.
- A good idea is that it can be used as a kind of good Security camera or weathercam, baby monitor, petcam, nannycam and streaming the visual through a network is enjoyable project, and achieved with an established WiFi connection.
Now our problem is how to to turn this old smartphones into webcam. Well there are many android and ios apps to acheive this. But i have selected some of this and have explained the steps:
1.Steps for turning an Android phone into webcam
Play store as well as professional developers offer a number of applications for this purpose.
Out of the most tried, IP Webcam is the ideal one which proves for this function.
Follow these Steps:
1.Verify the mobile phone’s networking functions: Connect you cellphone and computer to the same Wi-Fi network. For this
Open the Settings drawer on the phone first page and search to Wireless and Networks. Select Turn on Wi-fi.
The mobile will get an IP address and link if it is configured for home network. If it will not connect, open WiFi Settings and choose Add Wi-fi network.
Next enter the network information like the network name called SSID and password. It is the same details you apply to connect a computer to the network.
2.Download a webcam app and Install the application IP Web cam on your cellphone.(Download it from here,and install it.)
It is recommended to shut any application which utilizes your phone’s camera .
3.Launch the application. Navigate down till a “Start server” tab appears.
application will probably now show a URL, something such as “http://abc.de.fg.ij:klmn” .
4.Enter this URL in your web internet browser and Enter.
5.In the web browser, you will notice a drop down menu next to videos renderer. Choose Browser.
Then, you will find Audio renderer. Choose HTML wav.(You can prefer vlc media player also)
Now you will view a live video feed on your web browser. You could record it through web browser.
( It works smoothly even if phone is locked but video feed experience is slightly better when phone’s screen is on.)
Goto Media>>Network Stream and enter the URL created from the application.
IP Webcam does not run with Skype, so one need to go with with DroidCam.
DroidCamAs (which need a alike application to be set up in Windows Os), this application runs through your web browser.
Follow these steps:
1.First set up DroidCam on your mobile, as well as on your computer.
and link both the machines to the same network.
2.Open the application on the cellphone and type the Wifi IP mentioned on the main display screen.
3.Open the Windows client and paste the Ip Address on your computer. and Click Start.
4.Next you will see video clip feed from your cellphone on the DroidCam Windows application.
5.Restart Skype and select DroidCam Source1 as web cam.
( Keep android app open and turn off auto-lock. Remember to keep your cellphone unlocked, to prevent little stutter and lag.)
Now use your cellphone as web cam.
Besides many apps in ios app store, EpocCam and PocketCam rule the application market in competition of making your apple gadgets a finer web cam. PocketCam is difficult to configure, and provides accessibility to only black n white video, no sound in free version. You can depend on the premium one to have better service.
EpocCam(EpocCam turns your Android device into wi-fi High Definition computer web cam. also supports Mac OS X. Compatible with Skype, Windows Live Messenger, Google+ Hangouts, Facebook Video Calling, Chatroulette, YouTube and other webcam-enabled applications. It is also a ideal baby monitor, spy cam, security camera, surveillance camera and pet cam. wireless camera is easy to move up to 10 meters.With EpocCam, everything can be shared wirelessly in a easy and enjoyable way.) is free and quite easy to set up.
Here are some simple steps to implement this setup:
Follow these steps:
1.Download EpocCam on Apple Device as well as on Mac PC.(Make certain both the equipment are connected on the same network).
While setting up, a number of prompt may come out requesting you to install some drivers. Install them, they are important audio and video drivers used by the application.
2.Next Start the application on both equipment.
The application will immediately searches for the device running EpocCam on the same Wifi network. Soon, the videos from your Apple product will be displayed on your computer.
There will probably be a few instances when the application will not link your device to your computer. In the case, restarting the application conveniently repairs the problem.
Best Five Budget Smartphones of 2014
Top Three Video Players For Android Devices.
Android mobile phones and tablets have evolved as one of the most favored entertainment and leisure devices. Although all tablet and smartphone companies provide a stock video player that comes preinstalled in the system, people are free to download the best players available in the android Play store. The large screen of this handheld gadgets is one of the reasons why people use it to watch movies and other videos. Additionally, the Android app store provides a variety of video players that enhance the overall movie viewing experience.
These are Some of the latest Android video players provide extraordinary features that make them so popular among tablet and smartphone users:
1. MX Player
MxPlayer comes first on my list. This particular video player is definitely the most popular and versatile player in the market. Apart from enhancing the video quality through advanced codecs, MX Player offers additional services such as child lock etc. The child lock feature lets you restrict access to other applications and facilities on your phone while you allow someone to watch a video on the device. In addition to that, the player enables transitioning between the hardware and the software decoder, which allows the user to use the device or the player to perform the decoding of the file format.
2. VLC Media Player
Next is VLC player. VLC is very popular among personal computer and laptop users and is known to handle all kinds of video formats. Although the complete version is yet to find a launch date, and despite the risks of running a beta version, several users have started using it as their default player. This is because the beta version already has the features that people currently enjoy in the desktop version. Video playback is flawless even at higher resolutions, while the music player is the simplest yet extremely impressive among other options on the Play store.
3. Google Play Movies
Google Play Movies video player developed by Google only plays movies directly streamed from the Google Play’s movie section. Android Users can either purchase a digital copy of the movie or rent it for a couple of days. The list of movies in Google’s database is huge, and the online streaming is highly optimized for a wonderful display on even the cheapest Android devices.
Thanks for reading this post :). I hope you liked this article. Please free free to share your views and queries with us.
Five Things to Consider While Purchasing Mobile Applications.
Purchasing smartphone applications has come to be really an attentive matter owing to multifarious alternatives available in the world of mobile application. For customers, they prefer spending money on the technology that could be of their maximum help in their particular operational fields or make up for their amusement. Companies into this business carry out a detailed market research to subsequently develop effective applications that could attract masses and let their cash registers ringing in the long run.
This article focuses on five important points that you may consider while buying one or more of such mobile applications:
1. Overall performance
The program should be able to do the expected jobs in a fulfilling manner, without problems. If while making use of a beta version, any application stop to function correctly and slows down your phone instead, there is no point of purchasing it. No matter which application you purchase from whichever application store, efficiency holds the key to its success on your smartphone.. In contrast, applications with clinical performance and the ones that guarantee much better productivity are definitely the best ones to spend your money in.
2. Crashes while working
While attempting to touch the icon of an application in order to use it, you may get a strange message, ‘app is not installed’. Similarly, there may take place some unexpected crashes in the middle of its usage. It tempts you to part ways with the application automatically. For this reason it is better not to purchase such crash vulnerable applications. One should first use a test version to uncover the crash flaw.
3. Speed of application
For gaming applications or those in need of need real time information, speed is the greatest thing that matters. Therefore if you are making use of an application that helps you perform financial transaction, check the current flight booking status or you are playing a fast game etc., make sure that it is quick enough.
Attractive user interface holds the key to success of a mobile application to a great level.App Developers in today’s world simply put out all his or her expertise to come up with some really good designs and their exciting graphical depiction. In all types of application like business or a game application, a good UI design matters a lot.
A most common factor for liking or disliking an application is its responsive quality. If it is able to respond perfectly to touch, or gestures then it is good for purchasing, otherwise there is always a better choice available in the market.
Five most popular social networking platforms.
The past few years have experienced a significant rise in the popularity of social networking websites. Generally there are several factors that can be credited to the success of social media
networks. First of all, the new generation websites provide a lot of services for users to share digital
content, while maintaining the design simple and hassle-free. Secondly, it is now possible to share high resolution photos and play online games through these websites, which is a great boost to user engagement.While some social media websites like MySpace and Orkut have become outdated, enormous amounts of people are logged in to the websites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+,pinterest and Instagram. However, the accessibility of social media applications on smartphones like Android ,ios and windows has allowed users to stay connected to these websites, irrespective of time and place.
These are some of the most popular social networking apps available on the Android platform:
It is the most popular social networking website in the world, that is why it is no big surprise that its applications is one of the most downloaded applications across the entire Google Play store or any other android app store. Users can do everything that is possible on the web version othe website, that is why it is now favored by millions of smartphone holders. Furthermore, the accessibility of the Facebook messenger makes it incredibly easy to chat with your Facebook friends, therefore increasing user engagement.
2. Google Plus:
Professionals consider the Google plus android application to be one of the best social media applications on the mobile platform. In fact,people give opinion that the application is even better than its original web version. The greatest advantage of this application is that it can effortlessly incorporate with other Google apps such as Google Hangouts and Maps to provide an enhanced social networking experience.
Popular for its simple yet effective premise, Twitter is equally successful in driving smartphone users to stay connected to their platform. It is incredibly simple to post tweets and read updates from people whom you are following.
Even though it is a dedicated social platform for professionals and students for jobs etc, it has a great fan following in the Android world. The application wonderfully summaries all its features, and can help you browse through profiles and jobs.
Photography is the hottest obsession among mobile social networking users, that is why Instagram is one of the most downloaded applications on Android play store. It can easily give your simple mobile photos an fascinating look, which can then be shared across different social platforms such as Facebook and Twitter etc.
Best Android Office Suites available on playstore.
Corporate professional people across the globe prefer a tablet because it is convenient to carry documents, spreadsheets and presentations along, also while travelling. These software applications are somewhat different from what we use in our personal computers. Different from personal computers, tablets use a touch screen, and the office suites have been enhanced to handle touch inputs. This particular device has made life a lot easier for professionals due to its portability and quick accessibility features. Generally there are a number of office suites available in the Android app store.
Just look at the top four office suites for your Android tablet:-
1. Office 365
This is a power packed office suite from Microsoft that provides the complete range of its office suite software programs on the Android platform.The best part of Office 365 is that it offers smooth connectivity with Microsoft’s cloud storage service i.e Skydrive. However, you need to have a personal or business account of the Office 365 application to activate this application on your android tablet or smartphone. Specifically designed for tablets with a big screen, such as a 6.5 inch tablet, this application offers access to Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, Outlook and much more.
2. Polaris Office Suite
Polaris Office is one of the very few free applications that can offer a real competition to the premium ones. Although Polaris Office is not supported by all Android tablets, it is usually a built in suite supplied by Samsung’s range of tablets and smartphones. It have a stylish look, it also provides simple methods in which one can create PowerPoint presentations. Furthermore, the use of floating menu buttons makes it a lot more hassle-free to view and edit documents.
Google recently announced its association with QuickOffice as the default office suite across its variety of tablets and smartphones. Besides from handling Microsoft Office documents, QuickOffice offers access to the Google Drive cloud storage system. Google drive offers 15 GB of storage to any consumer who associates his or her QuickOffice account with their Google account, thus making it a user to store all their essential documents on the cloud.
DocumentsToGo is one of the oldest and well known office suites to be available for the Android operating system. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents are compatible and can be conveniently viewed and edited through this application. However, the function that makes DocumentsToGo stand apart from its opponents is the use of Wireless bluetooth to enable input from external keyboards. However, the trial version allows you to only view the files, while with a paid version, you can create and edit these documents.
Reasons for rooting Android smartphones
When you purchase a new Smartphone you will have to deal with the many issues that many people have complained about from many years. The present advertisements all talk about how the latest and greatest gadgets are the fastest ever, and when it comes down to testing them out, it does not reflect the advertisements. Most often you will only get to use three fourth of the speed that is promised even if there are dual core processors. It is possible to change things though, especially if you want to get the maximum output out of your Android device.
For those who are on the fence about possibly adding this to their device or just don’t know anything about rooting the device, it is important to understand some of the features that you will be able to unleash.
The following are reasons why you need to root your Android device:
Speed, Blazing Speed
The first thing that you will notice is that you will have ultimate performance increases after rooting. Whether you want to overclock the processors or you want to simply get to the maximum output from your device, you will find that you can do that by rooting your device or gadget. Seriously pushing the limits is not hard, it’s just a matter of technical education.
Maximum Performance from your gadget
As stated above, when you purchase a phone you are getting an inferior device. You will not be able to harness the power of the core components, and you will not be able to add certain applications, programs, games and much more. No matter what you want to do with your Smartphone, you can do it, if you open up the core and let go of the restraints of the cellular phone companies out there. They want to control your data, power and much more.
Control over device
The ultimate thing about rooting your Android is that you will gain full control over your device. No one else will tell you how to use your gadget. It is yours, that means that you get to do whatever you want, install anything from anywhere, all without the restrictions that are in place for a variety of different companies. There is no other way to get freedom for your technology, data and more.
More and more FeaturesGoing hand in hand with the aforementioned, you will be able to get more features than you can ever get otherwise from your device. For instance, if you do in fact root your phone, you will be able to utilize the many features that others are experiencing. For instance, larger ROM, live, wallpapers, better gaming experience and much more. You will completely be blown away by the features and will be impressed with just how far you can take your Android device.
Many Smartphones today claim that you are free to use their data, and you will find a great number of apps that you can download as well as great features that make the gadget in your hand as powerful as a computer or laptop, but when you start to try and use that freedom you are hit with limitations. Whether it’s blocking certain websites, browser plugins, or the dreaded error when you try to play an independent game or install an application, you are hindered to do what you want at every corner. This is never fun and can be changed by simply visiting root-android.org or similar website or blog and looking at the one way you can fight back legally.
The freedom to do whatever you want with your phone or gadget is not something that the cell phone companies want you to have. Think about it, there are so many different people around the world that want this and yet no one is offering it without going about things in your own way. Freedom to finally play that racing game, or tether the service to your laptop or PC or tablet can definitely be possible, if you check into the rooting option.
The Best Keyboard for your deviceThe keyboard that comes standard with your device has a slight delay or works little slow, and you may start to notice it when you are trying to surf the web, as it takes time to get the strokes correct. That’s not the case any longer when you check out root-android.org or some other similar website, because you will have faster processing power to whatever you need to do with your gadget. Get more done, surf faster, play games smoothly and type whatever, whenever you want. You will notice these changes immediately after you are trying out your phone’s basic features.
THINGS TO REMEMBER WHILE BUYING A TABLET
A tablet is an effective tool with powerful touch display to boost your productivity and great online experience. A tablet is slightly in between the computer and smart phone your tablet can take it anywhere with you and browse internet, watch movies, share photos, play game, download electronic books, games and videos, stay connected with social media, video conference with customers, create and share presentations and much more activities.
First, you should know the answer to this question…. What do you actually want: Tablet or Laptop?
Tablets are awesome, but while there are productivity applications – like word processors and spreadsheets available – as well as image editing tools and online apps like Google Docs, opening heavy websites, we cannot expect miracles from a tablet in terms of output or work.
A tablet can be a great inclusion to your tech gadget list, but it can’t replace a full-blown Mac or PC with powerful desktop software. Replacing laptops, now that’s a different matter. Tablets truly are amazing computing device.
Here these are the points you should always keep in your mind while choosing a laptop in the market…
1. Operating System: With Windows 8 and Windows RT popularity in the market, the choice is no more a simple one between Android devices, Blackberry and IOS of Apple. Windows 8 and RT too give you a wide range of options with amazing features and apps. Operating system of a tablet must be upgradable as it helps in incensing the performance of tablet with the same hardware configuration. Today Google’s android is most famous among tablets and smart phones. As it is open software and manufacturer can tailor it the way they want it is cheap and many companies are offering it to customers in different flavors. You must prefer to take upgradeable tablets as they can upgrade it to newer versions when available
2. Size: Resolution and Material of the Screen are one the most important factor. You get screen sizes starting from 6 inch to 10 inches and all of these come with touch screen functionalities. Then there are so many different types of screens like Touch resistive, LED, IPS, Retina, TFT touch capacitive, LCD and AMOLED. You can also buy the ones with full HD displays that offer awesome display quality. Make sure you also check the viewing angle of the screen before buying the device. These days curved screen phones are gaining huge popularity
3. Screen: Capacitive or resistive Most of the customers don’t know about what a capacitive or resistive touchscreen is? Capacitive touch uses the electrical property of the human body to detect where and when the user touches the display therefor it can be controlled with a very light touch.As it uses electrical properties of the human body so we cannot operate it with gloves or any outer stick. Now a day’s most of the devices come with capacitive touch screen and it is preferred over resistive as Resistive touchscreen displays are composed of multiple layers which are separated by thin spaces. When Pressure is applied on the surface of the display either by a finger or by stylus causes the layers to meet, which completes electrical circuits and tells the device where the user had touched the display. As resistive type touchscreens require much more pressure to activate than capacitive touchscreens so, it makes easy use capacitive than resistive.
4. Battery Life: Another concern is battery life. Larger tablets usually offer better battery life because they have room for a larger battery. Most small tablets give out after 4 to 6 hours of demanding use (such as gaming or watching a movie). So it is most important to ask about battery life to dealer before buying a tablet.
5. Storage: iPad comes with different memory sizes like 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB. Needless to say the prices go on increasing with the size of the memory. If you don’t want a lot of movies, pictures and stuffs then go for the basic 16 GB. The same holds true for tablets of other companies. Most of the people complain about the limited storage space apples iPad which comes with 16GB,32GB and 64GB. There is no way to increase storage space. It’s better to choose tablet with expendable, a removable storage space, so you want to look at the tablets having a micro SD slot or SD slot.you also have to look at internal memory as all apps stored in the internal memory of the device. Tablets must have internal memory greater than 8GB.
6. Camera: Even if you already have one on your phone (which you’ll probably have with you, anyway), an extra camera is always handy. Editing photos on a tablet’s larger screen is also inherently easier. Measuring a camera by mexapixels is one thing, but remember that real video and photo quality comes from accurate color and the ability to change camera settings for a particular shot. The Samsung Galaxy Tab even has two cameras — one front-facing, one rear-facing — so you can video chat or simply record yourself. The iPad, however, does not have a camera at all. Most of the tablets today come with dual camera. Be it iPad 2 or any new Android 3.0 tablet, you are likely to get two cameras. The front cameras are good for video calling, while the rear one solves the regular purpose of taking pictures. Some of them are even capable of capturing 720p HD video.
7. Hardware Support: Hardware of tablet really matters a lot. So understand and observe hardware parts of tablet carefully before buying it. This is also dependent on the OS you choose. Make sure the supporting hardware is compatible for future OS upgrade. For example the RAM of your tablet should be good to support next the update and the processor should not drain your battery when you tweak to OS upgrades.
8. Weight: While a lot of noise has been made about the iPad 2 weighing just 601g and being 8.8mm thick, other tablets more than hold their own. It’s no longer the thinnest or lightest – the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 weighs 595g and is 8.6mm thick. The 7-inch Blackberry Playbook is a mere 9.7mm thick and weighs just over 400g as it’s smaller. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, meanwhile, is 10.9mm thick and weighs a mere 599g, while the Motorola Xoom is surprisingly heavy at 730g.Weight and thickness is more of an aesthetic concern than anything else, but if you’re going to be holding your tablet for a long period of time (or in one hand) you’ll certainly start to notice heavier models after a while – ditto if you’re going to be carrying it around in a small bag.
9. Connectivity: Buying a tablet may just be the start of your slate. Many users decide they want to later add a keyboard, or play games with a gamepad, or connect their tablet to their television. The connections available depend on the tablet you buy. Android tablets are known for offering better variety. Many of them come with USB ports, HDMI-out and an SD card slot for additional memory, but not all do. On the other hand, Apple tends to limit connectivity – whatever you add will have to go through the proprietary port, which means you need to purchase a purpose built peripherals or expensive adapters. However, because Apple currently dominates the market, there are many products designed to work with specifically with the iPad. All the existing tablets offer WI-Fi connectivity and you can easily connect them to any home network. Many of the tablets come in two versions; WI-Fi and 3G. The 3G tablets allow you to use 3G Internet enabled SIM card, which helps you in being connected on-the-move.
10. Processor:All tablets are based on ARM processor technology – the same as nearly all mobile phones. Various companies have produced their own versions of the ARM chip design and many of them are now dual-core, like a lot of PC processors. All the tabs in the market today have ARM technology as their base, which also holds true for nearly all mobile devices. Various manufacturers have come up with different ARM designs with some of them even having dual-core processors like the ones we see in PCs. IPad 2 uses an Apple A5 chip with google android 3.0 tabs make use of NVidia’s Tegra 2.