Add a Widget Below First Post in Blogger.
This tutorial will show you how making a gadget/widget appear just below the first Blogger post. First, you must understand that the usual gadgets provided by Blogger can be added only where the design section allows this for e.g. In the sidebar. Yet, we can use this for showing any element like an Adsense ad, an image, a flash file or a video, etc.. We will use the is a First Post conditional tag for that element to show it under the first post published on our blog.
Steps To Add Gadget/Widget Below First Post in Blogger:
- From your Blogger dashboard, go to Template and click on the Edit HTML button:
- Click anywhere inside the code area and press the CTRL + F keys to open the Blogger search box
- Type or paste this line below inside the search box and hit Enter to find it:
<b:include data=’post’ name=’post’/>
- Just below above code add the code given below.
<div align=”center” style=”margin:10px auto;”>
Here goes the code of the element you want to show
- The bolded text indicates where you should paste the code of the element (e.g.. Adsense ad).
- In yellow are the top margins (margin-top) and the bottom margins (margin-bottom), this is in case you want the element to move towards or away from the entries.
- Then Save your Template.